Sunday, February 1, 2009

Avoid Credit Card Debt

I know that most people are unable to because they have no other sources to make their regular payments with and once in a while I think it's ok but think about the high interest if you use them unwisely. For example, there are shopaholics that buy all the time whenever they are at the mall, the stores, etc. Whoever you know that have that syndrome, help them with it because more than likely, they have money problems for the most part. The exceptions are those really rich people that have money to spend but of what I read, most rich people are pretty frugal with their funds.

I first had my credit cards when I was 20 with no credit. I used them as a down payment to a Jeep Grand CHerokee at the time with two cards equaling to $1,000. I was able to pay one of them off using my student loan and the other never gotten paid off yet. But I think it is off of my record.

The point is that if you are going to use your credit card, make sure you are able to pay them all off each month so then you wouldn't take forever to pay it all off due to the interest that they charge. What you can do is to switch to cards where for the introductory interest would be 0%. Just when it is about over, see if you can get a way cheaper interest compare to the other cards that you have there. If you were unable to do that, don't bother staying with the company that won't cooperate if your other cards have better interest rate compare to the newest one that you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment